Benefits of Equine Reiki
Common benefits of Reiki treatments include a deep sense of peace and calm, optimal physical performance, superb pain relief, emotional health and wellbeing and the felt sense of much greater harmony with life and others. Reiki is ideal for all horses from; the non-ridden equine, the great riding pony to the performance elite, and their human too.
Reiki enhances the body’s natural ability to heal while promoting overall wellbeing. Horses love Reiki (so do all animals). As energetic and sensitive beings they understand the energy. Working with the energy systems of the horse, and according to their needs, Reiki supports a return to their natural balance on all levels; physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
Key benefits of sharing Reiki with your horse:
- Accelerate healing from Illness and recovery from Injury
- Relieve stress and anxiety
- Ease pain and reduce inflammation
- Heal emotional problems (even traumatic events)
- Maintain health – being physically and emotionally vibrant and healthy
- Being calm, balanced and present – bringing both horse and human into a heart centred and soul-based connection
- Perform better
- Encourage flexibility and suppleness
- Deep relaxation (on all levels)
- Increase focus and support peak performance
- Open communication to better understand the horse’s needs or wants
- Deepened connection and awareness
- Improve the energy of training, riding or handling sessions
- Relaxation even in stressful situations
- Support in transitioning from the physical
Riders can become more centred, relaxed and in tune with their horses. By incorporating Reiki into your horse’s training sessions, you establish a heart to heart connection, supporting a harmonious relationship and working partnership,
- Improved sense of wellbeing
- Greater clarity of mind
- Better general health and healing
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Eased pain
- Increased relaxation
- Greater flexibility and suppleness
- Sleep coming more easily
- Release of past and present stress (or anything that is not for the highest good)
- Greater sense of joy
- Deeper connection, both to oneself, others, and life itself
Reiki is not something that can only be used in designated sessions – it is something we can bring into the extraordinary as well as our everyday life events.
Offering Reiki in the process of crossing the rainbow bridge and transitioning from this physical lifetime for a horse, for example. Reiki at this time can offer relief from fear and pain while providing comfort and loving heart to heart connection. Reiki not only supports the horse, but the human and fellow herd members at the time of transition as well as the grieving process.
As Reiki is easily called upon outside of an actual session; we can energise food, water, interactions with others, to calm nerves, to aid in a meditation practice… many find that just being in the energy frees them up to a more beautiful and open hearted way of life.
Through Reiki we can find a way to live more from love, which can improve our relationships and the outcomes of our endeavours. Just like the energy itself, the ways Reiki can be implemented are limitless!
Whilst there are many amazing benefits of Reiki, is not a substitute for veterinary or medical diagnosis and care. Reiki practitioners cannot diagnose a condition or prescribe medications or treatments. This is the realm of the licensed medical practitioner or veterinary professional. You are encouraged to seek their support if you are aware of any physical conditions that require such support.